Welcome to my personal blog, my name is Yves Zieba. You will find some information on my key topics of interest. I regularly post about the new growth models, the role of businesses in sustainability, the future of education, or the emergence of open innovation and open models.
Here is a summary of my professional background and a short description of some of the activities I have done and responsibilities I have had.
My key values are influenced by the urgency of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). My personal values include:
- Tolerance and non judgment
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Inclusiveness and fairness
- Gender Equality and more generally mixity
Founder & Director – Yves Zieba Raison Individuelle (founded in Geneva in 2014)
I created a company with a focus on delivering strategy consulting services and implementing open innovation methods.
I am a public speaker and I also provide training, coaching and mentoring on business models, value proposition, design thinking, effectuation, lean start up, open innovation, system thinking, organisation models and human resources.
I help my clients to find new ideas about their corporate strategy, select the best ideas for their new growth models. We clarify the role and action plan of their business strategy in sustainability. We help them design new ways of amplifying their impact with social media, digital marketing and social network analytics.
I have run a fair amount of workshops in different formats (one day for beginners, 3 days for covering all the fundammentals), in particular prospective workshop and strategic thinking workshop, for instance to help businesses invent their mobile business models, or to understand the power of open business models, I have also help with the articulation of cloud computing strategy, or the integration of digital transformation and agile transition in an overarching corporate strategy.
I have worked for various companies, including:
– Reuters (sold to Thomson to become Thomson Reuters, the world leader in information), I worked 13 years in Global Sales and Customer Service, in multiple countries (France, Switzerland, UK, Morocco, Malta), in various roles at EMEA and Global level (Account Management, Sales Management, Sales Organisation, Business Process, Business Analysis, Business Operations, Sales Efficiency & Effectiveness, Finance, HR).
– Elf (the largest French energy group who bought the german service station Minol, and then was sold to Total),
– Morpho Systems, (the French market leading biometrics automated fingerprint identification system), sold to the French Safran-Sagem group,
– Asta Medica, a pharmaceutical company, part of the german core specialty chemical conglomerate Degussa (now became Evonik Industries AG),
– Mannesmann-Kienzle (sold to Digital Equipment, then to Compaq, then to HP), as a project manager for exporting traceability products for trucks.
Consulting / Support Experience
– Arthur D. Little, as a strategy and business analyst consultant in Paris in 1995
I have also provided adhoc advisory on sales optimisation for large corporates with McKinsey.
Education / Professional Development
I studied as well in the Advanced Strategic Management Program (Executive Education) with a special focus on Performance Management and Balanced Scorecard at IMD (International Institute for Management Developement).
This wiki provides some further information.
We created 10 open innovation labs in 2014, we have grown up and now are a team of 150 entrepreneurs gathered to foster open innovation in the Greater Geneva Area and in Western Switzerland (Geneva).
I am now a regular conference speaker, so called profit speaker. For instance, I delivered keynotes in Berlin, Paris, Bratislava, New York and Singapore on topics ranging from circular economy, IoT, Smart Water, business model, circular innovation, or strategic agility.
In 2017, I joined a European scheme, as a business coach for the European Commission & Horizon 2020 / SME Instrument program. So far, I have coached scale-ups in France and Denmark.
I have been serving as founding member for a Swiss Foundation, named Genevita since 2015.
In Geneva since 2005, I am the delegate for the ESCP Europe alumni association in Switzerland (700 active alumni).
I love good wines, great wines, and affordable wines. I practice snowboard and yoga occasionnaly. I like gentle running with friends.
Social entrepreneurship, social innovation
We follow social entrepreneurship and social innovation topics, this has lead me to become a non executive director for a social incubator (Softweb), currently launching a social innovation fund in Geneva, and animating a social innovation space (SoftSpace) in Geneva.
We remain active to change behaviours and save the planet ! (green agenda 21, renewable energy, ethics, carer and disability, diversity and inclusion).
Brands I manage have something in common: they are H2H. (Human to Human, Heart to Heart), AB (audible and bright), no boundary of CCC (country, class and colour).
My registered brand names are agilenetup, hackyourstyle and syntezia.